Friday, September 21, 2018

ANNOUNCEMENT - Ending the daily sketch, starting weekly artwork instead.

Greetings to anyone following my blog. I don't usually say much, but I have an important announcement. My daily sketches are coming to an end. I'll try to keep the explanation brief. I sat down and thought really hard about everything I'm doing right now with art and my life in general, and I decided that the best way to move forward is to let the daily sketches go. It's a little painful, I'll admit I was kind of proud of myself for keeping the ball in the air this long, for about a decade, through ups and downs, sick days, my wedding day, the days I gave birth to each of my sons, days when drawing was a breeze and days when I struggled for hours to think of anything to draw. I know my dedication was inspiring to a few people. But now sketching daily is interfering too much with other goals I have in my life. It's become a bit of a self-imposed burden. I tried to speed up the process and the quality has suffered. I'm not as happy with my output as I once was. I know that I am capable of producing much better artwork. I finally realized that there are only so many hours in a day, and the time I was spending fretting over my declining sketches would be much better spent on real finished artworks and every other thing I want to do with my life. It's been an amazing, interesting experience sometimes, I've learned lots of things (some important, loads of trivia).

So, this doesn't mean it's all coming to a screeching halt. I plan to make one small finished artwork to share per week (more precisely, once every 8 days to shift the day of the week my post appears). I will also continue the monthly series of sketches of each of my sons. Meanwhile, I'll have a lot more time available to work on my larger finished art. I kept promising new large artworks but I wasn't completing them to my own satisfaction. I was standing in my own way.

Thanks to all for the support and interest in my art. I will have more art to share with everyone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment