Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Apple Blossom in Winter

"Apple Blossom in Winter", 24x24in. (61x61cm), oil on canvas.
I will openly admit that this painting is a bit of a jumbled mess, but let me explain... I'm in transition again.  I got some new ideas while I spent several weeks completing this piece. My next piece will be kind of small and simple. The one after that will elaborate on these new ideas. Going forward, I plan to give my paintings a clearer setting, even when they include text. Sometimes I'll want to do a form of still life.

This painting is centered, literally and figuratively, on the apple blossom. I used some search engine algorithms to develop a list of things related to the apple blossom: freesia, geranium and coleus. The text comes from a couple of Twitter messages that I found while I was working on the painting. The Instagram link works; it takes you to a grainy photo of the scented candle and other items that the Twitter user was referring to.

This painting won't be for sale right away. I have to use it for something (which I'll tell everyone about later). When I do post it for sale, I'll let everyone know.


No comments:

Post a Comment