Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ballad (d) and 015 Vuvuzela

Ballad (d), pastel drawing. 16x20" (40x50 cm)
015 Vuvuzela, oil painting. 12x12in. (30.5x30.5 cm)
I've realized that the internet image painting concept was biting off more than I could chew at the moment. So I'm setting that aside for now and retreating into nice, safe pretty still lives. The drawing above is a study for the next painting that I'm about to make, so you're all getting a sneak peek at it. I was just getting too frustrated with the other idea. I was feeling like it needs to be more than just a painting, and I'm not exactly sure what I would do for that or how I would sell it (because yes, selling things is important). So, for now, for a while I'm going back to fundamentals. I hope I'll produce some nice (and sellable) pieces in the process. The more conceptual stuff will still be in the back of my mind, though.

Both pieces are for sale now on Etsy. $25 each.


No comments:

Post a Comment